Monday, October 13, 2008

Remembering Alexei Cherepanov

Here is a video posted by KoVy71 on YouTube of some of Cherepanov's career highlights, as well as an excerpt from New York Rangers General Manager Glen Sather's press conference today:

“We are extremely saddened by the tragic passing of Alexei,” said Sather. “On behalf of the New York Rangers organization, I would like to extend our deepest sympathies to his family. Alexei was an intelligent, energetic young man, with tremendous talent and an extremely bright future.”

4 comments:

I Rock the Red said...

The Rangers had a moment of silence before their game, then went on to beat the NJ Devils 4-1. I'd call that a fitting tribute...

TJ CAPS8 said...

I would agree, I was upset that game wasn't broadcast on NHL Center Ice, as I would have flipped back and forth between that and the Capitals game.

Do you have your pictures ready? I'm extremely tired tonight, but I would use them tomorrow when I do my quick write up!

I Rock the Red said...

I do! The link's in the next post, but here it is again! >:)

JH29 said...

The Cherepanov and Bourdon accidents are tragic, for their families and the NHL. The question is whether these accidents can be prevented in the future. Maybe better testing on the NHL's part for the Cherepanov situation and educating the players (youngsters) on dangerous activities such as motorcycle etc... Just seems like more should/can be done to prevent tragedies like these from occuring in the future.... and it is ridiculous how the Rangers are seeking another pick to replace Cherepanov. My thoughts. http://jib-sports-culture.blogspot.com/2008/11/tragedy-for-promising-rookies.html